Always be kind, don’t be rude & don’t behave in a toxic way for the community.
Cheating is not allowed.
Hacking, automations, bug exploits, or any other tool or behaviour which gives you an unfair advantage over other players is considered cheating.
Ask before using mods.
You don’t want to get into trouble, don’t you? Before using a mod that isn’t purely cosmetic or aesthetic ask for permission. Yes, minimaps, shaders and Optifine are allowed. Vivecraft is allowed too. Instead, world downloaders are not permitted here. What’s on the server stays on the server until the owners decide to share the map folder.
Don’t grief or steal. Looting requires permission.
Griefing is prohibited on this server, even for unclaimed builds. You are not allowed to destroy existing structures without prior approval from the PVC staff. Additionally, low-quality, offensive, or destructive builds are not permitted on the server. (For example: lava casting.) Before looting an unclaimed area, ask a member of staff if it is OK. Looting without permission is not allowed.
Rules of behaviour.
Slurs, hatred, offensive structures, racist or sexist content, explicit or sexual content, promotion or encouragement of self-harm or suicide, harassment, and swearing are not allowed on PVC. We do not tolerate excessive trolling, flaming or spamming in chat. If you break this rule you may be muted, jailed, or banned, with or without warning.
Creating or participating external discord servers related to PVC is highly discouraged. If you wish to do so, please invite a mod. If you don’t want to do that, please at least tell us about it. We make this request as a matter of safety. If you believe someone in an external discord server is causing harm to the PVC community, please contact a staff member.
While PVC staff will punish users for violating its rules in- and outside of PVC to the best of our ability, you are ultimately responsible for your safety on the internet. If you are a minor, please speak with your legal guardian for further guidance about safety on the internet.
If you are in immediate danger, or are concerned that somebody has broken a law in your region or area, please contact either your legal guardian, law enforcement in your area, or the Discord Safety & Trust team.
No sharing sensitive personal information.
PVC features a player base with a wide range of ages. To keep our community safe, we forbid users from sharing sensitive information about themselves to other users on the Minecraft Server or Discord Server. This includes:
Critical Addresses (Home, School, Workplace)
Social Media Profiles or Accounts which reveal sensitive personal information
Audio, Photo, or Video media/communications that reveal sensitive personal information.
Sharing the personal information of other people without permission, or asking users for this information, is considered harassment and is expressly prohibited.
While PVC Staff do our best to prevent users from sharing this information, you are ultimately responsible for your own safety on the internet. Please be cautious on the internet before sharing any personal information.
You can report a user revealing personal information, or report a user who is asking for your personal information, by opening a Questions & Help ticket on the #open-a-ticket channel on the PVC Discord, or to any member of the PVC Staff.
Staff will never ask for sensitive information.
Be cautious of individuals claiming that they are PVC Staff. PVC Staff will never ask for Credit Card or other sensitive information over Discord or E-Mail.
We process donations to the server through the platform CraftingStore at https://donate.peacefulvanilla.club. Payments are processed via a PayPal transfer through this platform. If you need support or assistance relating to donations, PVC Staff may ask for your PayPal email address or for transaction information via a Ticket in Discord.
You are ultimately responsible for your own safety on the internet. If you ever doubt the validity of somebody messaging you claiming to be a staff member, please open a Questions & Help ticket on the #open-a-ticket channel on the PVC Discord to be directly connected to PVC Staff.
Keep it friendly, and in the English Language.
Players on the server may come from many different age groups and from different countries. Our goal is to create an accepting environment for everyone. As such, please only use English in the main chat, and avoid swearing or other profane language.
Advertising is not allowed.
Advertising publicly or privately other servers in chat or on any other platform is not allowed. Users who are found to advertise other servers to our user base, even in private messages or on unofficial communication channels, may be severely punished. Deliberately asking, offering, or convincing in any possible way (that is both in-game or out-of-the-game) other members to follow you on other servers is considered advertising. Simply naming another server might be considered advertising depending on the context. Inviting players to play a minigame will be considered advertising too. Just don’t name other servers than PVC. If you want to advertise a server that is correlated to PVC you have to ask permission to an admin (for example: creative server to test some builds).
Trade at your own risk. Scammers may be punished.
Agreements that you make with other players are not enforced by the server staff. If you have a conflict with another user over an agreement, please work with each other to determine an outcome. Users found to repeatedly act in bad-faith for trades or other agreements may be punished by the server staff.
There are restrictions on Farms and AFK.
A large source of lag on our server comes from excessively sized farms. Farms are limited in size (see the “Farm Rules” section) and users are only able to AFK for up to a predefined limit. Using automations, auto-rejoins, or avoiding AFK detection by other means is not permitted.
Be smart with your claims.
Check the map before placing a claim block to make sure you are not close to another’s build. If you don’t claim what you build, and it is repeatedly griefed, rollbacks are not guaranteed. See the “Claiming Rules” section for more.
The Wiki is fundamental.
We love to keep track of what happens in the server by writing it down in the Wiki. The Wiki itself is a fundamental component of the server. Any attempt to damage the Wiki or to deliberately insert false or offensive informations will be punished instantly, severely, and permanently.
Do not misrepresent yourself as staff, or threaten punishments towards other users.
Only PVC Staff can investigate and determine what behaviours constitute breaking the rules, and how a user should be punished if rules are broken. This rule includes threatening punishments in chat or via signs, or if you claim that you have permissions or commands from PVC Staff that you do not actually have.
Unions are groups of players who share similar interests or work on projects. You can submit applications to PVC Owners to form a Union. A Union is a group of at least four players who share a large base, and have a series of future projects or missions planned.
Contracts and Unions
To create a union, you will need
- Four active members verified on our Discord.
- A big base that has already been built.
- A banner and a color scheme.
When you are ready, post the following information on Discord in a Questions & Help Ticket
- Your membership list, including who is the leader and second-in-charge.
- The name of your union.
- The location of your base.
PVC Owners will review your request, and let you know if your application is accepted. When it is accepted, please create a page on our #Wiki!
- Unions must designate a leader, and a second-in-charge.
- Unions can have a maximum of 20 members, including the leader(s).
- Unions can be disbanded by PVC Owners after several weeks of inactivity.
- Unions must respect their members, the PVC Community, and each other. (We’re not a factions server!)
- Avoid unnecessary fights and competitions
- Remember that rules that you make for your union do not apply to non-union members. PVC Rules apply above all.
- Unions cannot bully community members or misrepresent themselves as staff.
- Severe punishments can be applied by PVC Staff on Union Leaders/Members if they create disorder on the server.
- Union leaders found abusing members of the PVC Community may be removed by PVC Staff as leader of the union.
- Contributions to unions remain the property of that union.
- If a leader/member contributes to a build for a union or donates items to that union, those builds/items remain property of the union even if they leave.
- Exceptions apply if you are the sole creator of a build or area.
Information for Current Unions
- Unions which currently have over 20 members will be allowed to keep their membership, but cannot add new members above the limit.
- Currently existing unions must determine a second-in-charge and list that user on their Wiki as soon as possible.
Reminders and Other Information
- Unions are permitted to merge together, provided that the resulting union remains within the above rules/limits.
- Union Events which include prizes or giveaways should still be approved by PVC Staff, as defined by PVC Rules.
- We suggest that large unions expand to have multiple leaders in charge of different aspects of the union.
- We suggest that unions share member’s claim blocks to protect the union’s land.
Additional in game commands:
The following categories of items are not able to be given away, traded or sold. They may be shared by members of the same union, so long as they are returned to the original owner. If you are unsure if your item is prohibited to trade, ask staff before conducting the trade.
|Server Reward Currencies and associated prizes||Currencies received as a reward for completing a defined action, and all prizes that can be purchased with those currencies that are not otherwise obtainable through Vanilla gameplay.||Currencies: Vote Diamonds, Wiki Writer Quills, Youtube Apples, Reddit Shrooms, Amazon Ingots, BOINC Coins, etc.
Prizes: Vote Pickaxe, Nerchius X, Temporary Cosmetics, etc.
|Event Currencies and associated prizes||Currencies or items received for an event, and all prizes that can be purchased with those items that are not otherwise obtainable through Vanilla gameplay.||Currencies: Event Coins, Trick-or-Treat Coins, Stock Coins,writer’s quills, etc.
Prizes: The Big Claim Books, Dragon Eggs, etc.
|Server Utility Items||Items which enable non-vanilla gameplay mechanics.||Playtime Certificates, Claim Blocks,Redstone Certificates, Armour Stand Poses etc.|
|Duplicated or Exploit Items||Items which are duplicated or obtained through illegitimate means should immediately be surrendered to PVC staff.|
Exceptions and Giveaways
An exception to this rule are DumbPotions, also known as DumbPots. From time to time, you get DumbPotions as a reward for voting the server: this implies that they would normally fall under the prohibited trading category, however for the sake of collectors, you are allowed to trade DumbPotions. The same exception applies to some other special items that are not explicitly given as a reward for having done something and that could be exhibited in a museum or public collection. Speak to a staff member before trading them.
Separate from these categories of items above, you are free to sell, trade, and hold small giveaways for all other items.
Large or excessive giveaways require staff permission, as they threaten to cause economic instability on the server. Examples of this include giving away exceptionally rare items (such as Beacons or Netherite), or large numbers of items (such as a collection of Emeralds or Diamonds). We recommend checking with staff before giving away valuable items.
Account Related Rules
Responsibilities, VPN, IPs and more
- You are responsible for what others do while on your account.
- You can add an additional security layer to your account using /PIN.
- VPNs are not allowed. You can’t connect under a Proxy or a VPN.
- Each user is limited to a maximum of two accounts, one Bedrock and one Java. Utilising alternate accounts is permitted, but not to avoid restrictions on claims or to provide unfair advantage to yourself over others in any possible way. Using more than two accounts from the same IP or Geolocation is not allowed without prior authorization from an owner.
- Applications for staff roles are invitation-only. Do not ask members of the PVC Staff to become a moderator.
- Don’t claim too close to other players’ builds, or where it could be annoying for them.
- Don’t claim villages, strongholds or other important structures. If you wish to restore or utilize these areas for any purpose, you can ask a staff member for permission to work in these spaces on a claim with some restrictions.
- If you find something unclaimed, ask before claiming or stealing. Destruction of unclaimed land is not permitted. Looting is only allowed with permission from staff.
- If your unclaimed house gets griefed, rollback is not always guaranteed. You have to claim it. Staff could decide to revert the area to its original state. Public projects are the only exclusion to this rule. You can leave a public project unclaimed if that makes it easier for people to make use of it. Griefing a public project is severely prohibited and will result in a very long jail time or permanent ban. A public project is a project made with the participation of multiple players, not only from the same group of friends/union A public project is something that all the players can use to do something (if it has a use) To formalize a public project you need to list it on the Wiki.
- Claims are deleted if you are offline for more than 30 days. We will not rollback looted or over-claimed areas if you are inactive for a period of time and your claim is removed.
- If you have not been active on the server for more than 2 months, rarely hopping in for just some seconds/minutes to prevent your claims from being unclaimed, your tactic isn’t going to work.
- PVC has limited space and resources, and we want it to be used by actively playing players.
- You can build a shop at spawn by renting a stall. The number of spawn stalls and Cobbletown plots available for rent is limited. Each player is allowed no more than two stalls and one plot at any one time.
Additional rules for secondary worlds
Not just the overworld
- Rules that apply to the main world apply to the secondary worlds too, however each world has some additional rules.
- Please act responsibly in the Nether:
- The wither may only be spawned in the designated Wither Arena. Do not build there.
- PVC’s wither is much more powerful than the vanilla wither. If you die because of the wither, staff will not restore your inventory.
- The Wither Arena will automatically regenerate over time. This means that any blocks placed there may be destroyed including shulkers or chests. If you lose your items due to regeneration, staff will not restore them.
- Griefing in the Nether is prohibited, with the same rules as the overworld.
- Be cautious when building in the Nether. (Claim your builds!)
- When building in the nether with expensive blocks or rare items, or if your build is frequently griefed, consider using a Nether Claim Block to protect your build.
- Staff will only rollback your builds a limited number of times, so it is important to protect your builds with claim blocks if they contain rare items.
- Avoid asking staff for rollbacks on minor damage, such as a few missing cobblestone blocks that you can easily repair yourself.
Redstone related rules
Read this when building a Redstone machine
- Rules for Generic Redstone Systems
- Size: Small or Generic redstone systems are systems that are contained within a 32 wide, 32 long, 32 tall area.
- No Limits: Users are permitted to own as many of these as they are able to claim, and can utilise the systems at any time.
- Common Sense: Small redstone systems cannot connect to other systems, otherwise they are considered to be a large redstone system. If your small redstone system causes intense amounts of lag, you will be warned and it will be removed.
- Rules for Large Redstone Systems
- Size: Large redstone systems are systems which are larger than 32x32x32 in space, and fit within a maximum of four chunks on the horizontal plane. A chunk is 16 wide, 16 long, and infinity tall. Large Redstone Systems cannot connect to other systems, otherwise they are considered to be a mega redstone system
- Ownership Limits: Users are permitted to own as many large redstone systems as they can afford, after having notified a staff member.
- Permits Required: Ask for permission to a staff member before building a system and finding out that it needs to be removed by the staff.
- Usage and AFK Limits: Large systems can be utilised at any time, except in periods of server lag. If you are AFKing at a Large Redstone System, users must set the /afkfarm command. You will be automatically kicked if the server begins to experience high amounts of lag.
- Wiki: Every large redstone system must be added to the Wiki
- Rules for Mega Redstone Systems
- Size: Mega Redstone Systems are systems which are larger than a large redstone system. Maximum size follows common sense.
- Aesthetics: Mega redstone systems should be built following some aesthetic criteria. Don’t build just an hole in the ground and stuff it up with hoppers and pistons. Decorate it, make it look cool. Create a complex, a structure, make it fit inside an awesome build!
- Ownership Limits: Depends on the build. Ask a staff member.
- Permits Required: Ask for permission to a staff member before building a system and finding out that it needs to be removed by the staff.
- Usage Limits: Mega Redstone Systems are only permitted to operate if all of the following conditions are met.
- Less than 15 players are online;
- TPS is above 17.5;
- AFK Limits: If you are AFKing at a Mega Redstone System, you must set the /afkmegafarm command. You will be automatically kicked if the server begins to experience high amounts of lag or more than 15 players are online.
- Limits are unconditional: You are responsible for making sure that your redstone systems are not used outside of the permitted limits. You have to build an “off-switch” or fencing off the chunks where your farm operates to prevent users from accidentally loading the chunks of your Mega System by walking near it. Use also some warning wooden signs. If the area is well marked as a mega farm area then responsibility could fall upon the player that is intentionally keeping the chunk loaded. We need to quickly evaluate this case-by-case. Make sure that your mega farm is well marked and defined.
Redstone System Rules Enforcement
- These rules are meant to serve as a balance between the technical limitations of our server and the creative freedom of our users. Instead of banning these systems we want to work to find a way to keep them while keeping our server alive.
- Using incorrect AFK settings or using farms outside of approved conditions:
- The staff takes a common-sense approach to this, and will apply warnings or kicks to users who are using redstone systems outside of the approved conditions.
- Repeat offenders may face small jail times for constantly forgetting, or have parts of their machines disabled/removed.
- Not having asked for permission:
- Users whose systems need to be authorized (but haven’t been) will be kicked from the server.
- Repeat offenders may face jail times through having their farms disabled/removed, depending on the size of the system and prior rule breaking records.
Other Redstone Rules
- The number of laggy components within a chunk is now limited by the server. To assist in the tracking of these limits, a guide is visible at the top of your screen when placing items.
- Excessive usage of redstone-clocks is prohibited. Please be responsible. If you implement a redstone clock that results in large server lag, we will ask you to remove it.
- Zero-tick systems are not permitted.
- Systems which utilise game glitches (ie: duplication or bedrock removal) are considered exploits, and are not permitted.
A variety of punishments may be utilised by staff if the rules in this book are broken, or users are found to act maliciously.
Types of punishment
Rollbacks – The rollback of inventory or placed blocks, in a set area or globally.
Mutes – Temporary or Permanent. Users will be unable to utilise chat functions.
Warnings – Warnings before larger punishments are used.
Jail – Users are able to login, and chat if they are not muted. They are stuck in a jail cell.
Bans – Temporary or Permanent. Users are unable to login to the server.
Nameban – Users are unable to join the server until they change their username.
IP Ban – Temporary or Permanent. All users that use this IP address cannot login.
The severity of the punishment is determined by the staff member, taking into consideration:
- The severity of the action being punished,
- If the user is likely to break the rules again, and
- The user’s history of breaking rules.
Appealing a punishment
To appeal punishments, please join our Discord and post in the appropriate channel for review with your IGN and explanation for your appeal. We will evaluate your request, and, eventually, get your account unbanned. Factors such as playtime are not proven to impact on our decision making process.
Contesting a punishment outside the appropriate communication channel can lead to an increase in the punishment length or type. This rule applies to both the offender and anyone else who publicly comments the punishment issued on somebody else.
Types of punishment
- Griefing is modifying or destroying another user’s build or land without their permission.
- Looting is taking items from an abandoned base with staff permission. If you do not have permission, it is considered stealing (which is against the rules).
- Flaming is insulting, provoking, or being unnecessarily harsh/rude towards other players.
- Trolling is the act of deliberately causing trouble or conflict on the server.
- Rollback is when a staff member uses commands to restore an area to its previous state.
- Regeneration is the process whereby an area returns to its natural, untouched, state.
- AFK means being Away From Keyboard